Brown Swiss Junior Activities
The purpose of the youth programs of the Brown Swiss Cattle Breeders’ Association of the USA is to provide experiences for junior members to expand their knowledge of the dairy industry and Brown Swiss Cattle.
- The Bell Ringer program provides opportunities for youth to compare animal type and conformation.
- The Production and Cheese Yield contests encourage youth to develop sound and profitable animals.
- The Youth Achievement program provides recognition for youth who develop productive cattle and positive leadership skills.
- The Ambassador program allows youth to develop speaking, organization, and public relations skills.
- The Scholarship/Grant's goal is to assist in the education of youth or herd growth by youth ownership.
- The Lease program's purpose is to introduce new youth to showing Brown Swiss. It will provide an opportunity for both non-farm youth and youth from farms with other dairy breeds to work with registered Brown Swiss. The lease program's goal is to increase participation in junior shows nationwide.
For Questions & Requests Contact:
Youth Program Coordinator
Brown Swiss Association
800 Pleasant Street
Beloit, WI 53511
E-mail: CharlotteBSCBA@gmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org