2016 Northeast National Junior Show
The Northeast National Junior Show held at the Big E for their centennial year in West Springfield, Massachusetts, may have been small but it sure was mighty. Most of the Junior Show Champions were high competitors or winners of the open show as well. The Junior show was held in conjunction with the open show with Judge Sparrow from Kentucky making the selections.
The Junior Champion was the same stylish summer yearling heifer who won the open show, Cutting Edge S Suri, for Micheal Barton of Ancramdale, New York. New to the winners circle for Reserve Junior Champion was the winner of the Spring Yearling class, Autumn Moon Toaster Strudel for Alyssa Grocott of Edmeston, New York. Toaster Strudel is a Hilltop Acres W Durham ET *TM daughter from two unscored dams who has been very successful for her owner throughout New York. The last two years she was the Reserve Junior Champion at New York State Fair.
Judge Sparrow named his winning Aged Cow Senior and Grand Champion, who was also later name Reserve Grand Champion of the Open show. This tremendous cow, who exemplifies dairy strength and quality to her mammary system, was IE Maple Sugar Martha scored ‘EX90’ and owned by Chelsea Young of Tinmouth, Vermont. For Reserve Senior and Reserve Grand Champion, GMC Golden Diamond, owned by Lindsey Clark of Cornish Flat, New Hampshire, was selected. Scored ‘VG87’ this Top Acres Goldrush ET *TM daughter was also the winning Senior Two-Year-Old and Intermediate Champion of this show in 2015. Diamond is from ‘4E93’ Old Mill P Delottie who has a long list of show records and milk records to 34,850 pounds of milk.
Spring Heifer Calves (2)
1. Empire Victor Patsy (SCF Jet Victor Twin *TM), Megan Howe, New Braintree, MA; 2. Cutting Edge HT Babs, Abigail Wilber, Colebrook, CT
Winter Heifer Calves (3)
1. Maple Street Grif Twist (Cutting Edge Griffen ET), Camdyn Kelly (lease), Hadley, MA; 2. Beech Hill GPS Angyal, Abigail Wilber, Colebrook, CT; 3. Hot-Shot Bose Paisley, Laura Hallenbeck, Claverack, NY
Fall Heifer Calves (2)
1. Deadend CPepper Georgia (Voelkers WNDT Chilli Pepper*TM), Zacharey Blye, Salisbury, NH; 2. R-Choice Strmln Fall O Me, Dylanie Nichols (lease), Hadley, MA
Summer Yearling Heifers (2)
1. Cutting Edge S Suri (Cutting Edge Streamline), Micheal Barton, Ancramdale, NY; 2. Cutting Edge Tan Beauty-ET, Amelia Somers, Walton, NY
Spring Yearling Heifers (5)
1. Autumn Moon Toaster Strudel (Hilltop Acres W Durham ET *TM), Alyssa Grocott, Edmeston, NY; 2. RAD-ical CP Golden Girl ETV, Adele Biasini, Morrisville, VT; 3. Nutmeg Acres B Penelope, Abigail Wilber, Truda Tanner & Lucinda Longo, Colebrook, CT
Winter Yearling Heifers (2)
1. Gin-Val WM T Snickers (Sunnyisle Titanium ET *TM), Johnathon Clark, Cornish, NH; 2. Nutmeg Acres Chilpep Spice, Abigail Wilber, Colebrook, CT.
Fall Yearlin Heifers (3)
1. Blessing Osborn P Joanna ETV (Blessing Osborn P Joanna ETV), Dylanie, Nichols (lease), Hadley, MA; 2. Cutting Edge HP B Trina ET, Amelia Somers, Walton, NY; 5. Cutting Edge HP B Trinn-ET, Brian Belder (lease), Hadley, MA
Senior 2-Year-Olds (2)
1. Cutting Edge Tea Gidget (Cutting Edge Teaton ET), Lindsey M. Clark, Cornish Flat, NH; Gin-Val Titanium Jolly, Johnathon Clark, Cornish, NH
Junior 3-Year-Olds (1)
1. Autumn Moon Pancake (R Hart Cayenne Pepper *TM), Alyssa Grocott, Edmeston, NY
Senior 3-Year-Olds (1)
1. GMC Golden Diamond (Top Acres Goldrush ET *TM), Lindsey M. Clark, Cornish Flat, NH
1. Cutting Edge PS Reba, Lindsey M. Clark, Cornish Flat, NH
1. Maple Sugar Supreme Wishes ET (Old Mill WDE Supreme ET *TM), Chad Young, Tinmouth, VT; 2. GMC Austin Jillian, Johnathon Clark, Cornish, NH
Aged Cows (6)
1. IE Maple Sugar Martha (Gubelman Denmark Daniel), Chelsea Young, Tinmouth, VT