Official Brown Swiss Three-Generation Performance Pedigrees are computer generated from information permanently stored on BSCBA files.
Information contained in a pedigree includes:
1. Registration name and number of the animal, its parents, and grandparents (underlined areas).
2. For the animal itself, date of birth, sex, and tattoo.
MALES - PERFORMANCE INFORMATION
1. Current classification rating for Final Score.
2. Sire recognition of ‘Superior’ or ‘Qualified’ if eligible.
3. Progressive Performance Ranking (PPR) value and its associated reliability (%R).
4. Predicted Transmitting Ability for Type (PTAT) for Final Score and its reliability (%R).
5. Date of all listed genetic evaluations.
6. Predicted Transmitting Ability (PTA) for production traits of milk, fat, and protein yields, Lifetime Net Merit dollars (NM$) and its
reliability (%R). MACE indicates Interbull evaluation, GEN indicates Genomic evaluation, otherwise USDA evaluation only.
7. Predicted Transmitting Ability (PTA) for Productive Life (PL), Somatic Cell Score (SCS), Daughter Pregnancy Rate (DPR) and
Sire Calving Ease (SCE).
8. Number of daughters included in the production evaluation and their 305d, 2x, ME average for milk, %fat, fat, % protein, and protein.
9. Number of classified daughters including their average Final Score (FS), Udder Composite (UDC) rating, and Foot & Leg Composite (FLC).
10. Show Awards
FEMALE - PERFORMANCE INFORMATION
1. Age at most recent classification and the Final Score including any multiple E designation, plus the scores of the five breakdown traits of Substance and Strength(SS), Dairy Quality(DQ), Rump(RP), Mobility(MO) and Mammary System(MS) for cows scored after 6-1-2007 or for cows scored prior to 6-1-2007 the five breakdown traits of Frame(FM), Dairy Character(DC), Body Capacity(BC), Feet & Legs(FL), and Mammary System(MS), followed by the date of classification (month, year). The numeric score associated with each breakdown is that of the most recent classification.
E = Excellent (90-94 points)
V = Very Good (85-89 points)
+ = Good Plus (80-84 points)
G = Good (75-79 points)
F = Fair (65-74 points)
P = Poor (below 65 points)
2. Cow recognition of ‘Elite’ or ‘Certified’ if eligible.
3. Linear descriptive type appraisal scores on 15 traits based on a scoring system of 1 to 50 prior to 5/15/03 and a 1 to 9 scale thereafter.
ST - Stature RR - Rear Legs (rear view) UW - Udder Width
SR - Strength RS - Rear Legs (side view) UC - Udder Cleft
DF - Dairy Form FA - Foot Angle UD - Udder Depth
RA - Rump Angle UA - Fore Udder Attachment TP - Teat Placement
TW - Thurl Width UH - Udder Height TL - Teat Length
4. Progressive Performance Ranking (PPR) and Predicted Transmitting Ability for Type (PTAT).
5. Recognition of ‘Superior Brood Cow’ if applicable.
6. Predicted Transmitting Ability (PTA) for production traits of milk, fat, and protein yields, Lifetime Net Merit dollars (NM$), and
percentile rank based on Lifetime Net Merit (%NM) labeled (%$). GEN indicates Genomic evaluation, otherwise USDA/CDCB evaluation.
7. Management group deviations for milk, fat, and protein yields and date of genetic evaluation run.
8. Official production records.
a. Age at calving in years and months. f. Fat in pounds.
b. Number of days milked (d). g. Percent protein.*
c. Times milked per day (2x or 3x). h. Protein in pounds.*
d. Milk in pounds. i. Type of record (DHIR or DHIA).
e. Percent fat. * (True Protein as of 5/1/2000)
9. Lifetime totals for number of days, pounds of milk, pounds of fat, and pounds of protein if over 100,000 pounds milk,
4,000 pounds fat, or 3,500 pounds protein.
10. Show and Production Awards
GENETIC RECESSIVE ABNORMALITIES
The following suffixes are used to identify animals tested for or found to be carriers of genetic recessive abnormalities.
(W); (A); (M); (D) - Known Carrier for Weaver, Spiderleg, SMA, or SDM determined by identification of affected offspring or gene test.
(CW); (CA); (CM); (CD) - Confirmed affected animal for Weaver, Spiderleg, SMA, or SDM.
(W*); (A*); (M*); (D*) - Tested Carrier at a confidence level of 90% or above for Weaver, Spiderleg, SMA, or SDM.
*TW; *TA; *TM; *TD - Tested Non-carrier at a confidence level of 90% or above for Weaver, Spiderleg, SMA, or SDM.
1. Young animals without performance information show an estimate of genetic merit given as a parent average (PA).
Parent Average = 1/2 (Sire +Dam) for all genetic traits.
2. Breeder and Current owner of animal is listed below the logo.
3. Breeder and birthdate are listed beneath each of the animal’s name.
4. Date pedigree was printed is listed in lower left-hand corner.
5. Order number is listed in the lower right-hand corner. Order Number: